Did you know that your dietary choices play a significant role in maintaining the health and vitality of your skin? Be sure to include these foods in your diet for healthy and fabulouslooking skin:
- Fatty fish: Besides being a good source of protein, fatty fish contain omega-3 fatty acids which help to keep your skin moisturized and reduce inflammation.
- Avocadoes: Avocadoes contain a lot of healthy fats and vitamin C & E, which are essential for keeping your skin soft and supple.
- Walnuts: Walnuts contain a lot of nutrients that help keep your skin healthy. These include essential fats, vitamin E & C, antioxidants, and protein.
- Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds are rich in vitamin E and linoleic acid which helps prevent drying and thinning of skin.
- Sweet potatoes: Sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene which works as a natural sun block to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes contain vitamin C and many of the major carotenoids that prevent sun damage and wrinkling of skin.
- Dark chocolate: Eating just 20 grams of dark chocolate with 70% cocoa or more promotes better blood flow to the skin as well as makes it thicker and less rough or scaly.
- Green tea: Green tea has several powerful compounds that make your skin healthy. It can reverse the effects of aging by reducing redness caused by sun exposure as well as improving the smoothness and elasticity of skin.
In addition to proper nutrition for healthy skin, regular visits to a skin clinic will help address any specific skin concerns that you might have.
Dr. Najia Shaikh is the founder and Medical Director at One Skin Clinic. She is a medical doctor, highly trained in advanced non-surgical cosmetic treatments such as anti-wrinkle treatment, chemical peels and other state-of-the-art procedures that can keep your skin glowing with good health.